Business Analyst/ ECommerce Functional Consultant
We’re looking for a London-based candidate to perform the role of Business Analyst. An entrepreneurial, self-motivated mindset and an appreciation of a start-up context are essential.
Our Business Analysts work closely with clients to effectively gauge the requirements of stakeholders, collaborate with a variety of stakeholders and teams, and clearly define requirements. We help solve problems and propel our clients’ digital business growth. We ensure that in our close collaboration with clients we determine outcomes that will make a difference to customer experience, ROI, and business goals. Our aim is that our business analysts are closely connected to clients’ strategic visions, and can see the beneficial impact they make for both businesses and end-customers as we bring to life exceptional digital experiences.
- Work with the Client Product Owner to create and maintain the product features backlog
- Create user stories that accurately reflect the need of the business or the problems that need to be solved, are understood by Engineers, can be sized with confidence, and explain the value of the required change
- Create any supporting documentation necessary to communicate detailed requirements to Engineers
- Be the key interface between Engineers and stakeholders. Facilitate communications between the two, explaining commercial needs to engineers and technology constraints/possibilities to the business
- Help PO to focus on requirements that are technically viable, by having a good understanding of factors that can increase complexity during development, testing, and deployment
- Support Client with the UAT process
- Support business readiness
- Support PO in understanding benefit realization to assess whether changes implemented realize their intended business benefit
- Design and lead product requirement workshops
- Collaborate with PM and Tech Lead to run prioritization and estimation sessions
Key measures of success in the role:
- Requirements are clear, unambiguous, and thorough, enabling development teams to deliver, with minimal wasted effort
- Engineers understand the value of what is to be accomplished
- Testers can validate that the final solution meets all requirements without areas of ambiguity
- Solutions deliver their intended business value
- There are minimal unexpected requirements
- Significant pieces of functionality and critical business processes are not missed
- Engineers and Client stakeholders see you as an indispensable member of the team
- 5+ years as a Business Analyst working on custom software development and/or systems integration
- Experience with building large eCommerce systems or other high-availability web-based applications
- Experience working with functional and non-functional requirements
- Familiarity with testing methodologies
- Experience working with or in a product-led organization
- Superlative interpersonal and communication skills, including polished presentation skills: you will regularly need to communicate effectively to a range of audiences
- Experience with Agile software development methodology, including user story creation
- Seen as a trusted advisor by Clients
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with SAP Hybris or Commerce Tools
- Experience collaborating with remote/offshore development teams
- Experience being involved in turning around distressed projects
Tacit Knowledge offers a competitive base salary based on experience, and benefits with bi-annual bonus eligibility.
You must be authorized to work in the UK on a full-time basis for any employer. We will not sponsor visas, nor will we hire consultants through sub-contractors that hold your visa.
Tacit Knowledge is a software solutions consultancy specializing in digital commerce, with roots in Silicon Valley. With offices in North America and Europe, we’re a community of diverse yet like-minded people who build software solutions for our clients. Working together, we solve tough problems for global brands and make technology a business enabler.
Since 2021 Tacit Knowledge has been part of Grid Dynamics, a global technology company that leverages the cloud, AI, and Big Data to drive digital transformation for enterprise clients.
Tacit has over 200 staff across four offices - San Francisco, Mexico, Moldova, and London where we have a rapidly growing team of 40. Our thriving central London office serves customers in Europe, North America, and Asia such as G-Star, Beauty Pie, GrandVision, Razer, Beaverbrooks the Jewellers, Ford, FitFlop, GHD, Wilko, and LVMH.
Grid Dynamics is an engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance, and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Get in touch
We'd love to hear from you. Please provide us with your preferred contact method so we can be sure to reach you.
Please follow up to email alerts if you would like to receive information related to press releases, investors relations, and regulatory filings.