Payroll and Pensions Coordinator (Part-time)
Be a key member of the Finance team supporting our internal HR and outsourced Payroll BDO Team. You will be responsible for timely support to employees, external customers, clients, contractors as well as third-party payroll and benefits providers. You will be the main person assigned to collating, checking, and signing off payroll information, liaising with benefits providers our health insurance companies, and pension provider, and ensuring their expectations, as well as employee statutory obligations, are met or exceeded. You will be motivated to further embed our multi-skilled ethos across all functions of finance, payroll, and hr support which will aid in our continuous improvement. You will build excellent links with employees, contractors, and teams internally so that any issues can be resolved quickly ensuring compliance and employee satisfaction.
- Collate information on new starters and leavers and the production of reports as required
- Be part of the inter-departmental meetings (face-to-face or remote) with Payroll and Benefits providers
- Manage Payroll and Benefits related projects such as annual salary reviews uplifts communication, pension auto-enrolment, and auditing
- Enrolment of new starters/leavers and all employee changes to pension provider via portals.
- Processing purchase invoices/receipts and employee expenses
- Liaising with managers and employees to assist with payroll queries, including written and telephone correspondence, investigating and responding to all payroll questions and inquiries
- Liaise with 3rd party benefit providers to ensure schemes meet requirements, keep 3rd party benefit providers updated on ongoing employee changes and manage the annual re-enrolment process
- Carry out where necessary manual calculations making sure tax and national insurance deductions are correct (pay, MAT/PAT/SSP, etc).
- Manage maternity, paternity, and family policy administration and advise on payments to an outsourced payroll provider
- Manage sickness payments approvals, collect forms & revise holiday administration and payments
- Map out best practices for Payroll and suggest improvements. Review existing policies relating to payroll and recommend improvements
- Create and issue employee communication letters regarding payments, overpayments, and any other payroll-related queries
- Manage third-party portals related to pensions, Pay Dashboard (P60/P45) Government Getaway PAYE, DEO, and AEO deduction of wages (Child Maintenance Service), and check changes with payroll.
- Create and implement processes for Payroll administration, and SOPs and communicate changes to departments
- Be an excellent communicator with the ability to confidently and credibly engage with customers, colleagues, and other external partners and not afraid to ask for information, propose solutions, or highlight corrections when required
- IT skills, including Microsoft Office suite, Outlook, Word, and Excel or other as Google Suite
- Proven record of being responsive and innovative
- Self-motivated with the ability to work flexibly and as part of a team
- Be flexible and have a hands-on approach with the ability to take ownership of queries and see them through to completion
- Be able to build relationships with both internal and external customers
- Highly organized, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Be positive and enthusiastic
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet Company core values
- Generalist payroll experience within an HR / Finance environment and /or Pensions
- Preparation of monthly payroll returns to HMRC and pension providers.
- Support in preparation of P11Ds
- Processing invoices and regular statement reconciliations
- An accurate understanding of complex employees/payroll data within strict deadlines & processing various payroll inputs such as pension, absences & leave, flexible benefits, statutory deductions, starter checklists/P45s on-off boarding
- Prior Payroll experience and/or working towards CPD qualifications (preferable).
- Participation in challenging projects, an opportunity for professional development and growth
- Flexible working hours and a dynamic environment
- Friendly cooperative team and atmosphere
- 20 hours per week
- Hybrid work
Grid Dynamics is an engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for the retail, finance, and technology sectors. We have architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Get in touch
We'd love to hear from you. Please provide us with your preferred contact method so we can be sure to reach you.
Please follow up to email alerts if you would like to receive information related to press releases, investors relations, and regulatory filings.