Head of Practice, Data Engineering
Belgrade, Nis, Novi Sad, Serbia
- Trusted Advisor: Provide direction to clients in different verticals on their selection of data and ML platforms, data strategies, expected impact, and relevant tools and methodologies that they can deploy to accelerate Big Data and advanced analytics programs.
- Pre-Sales and Consulting: Lead and drive technology consulting engagements and pre-sales, architecture assessments, and discovery workshops. Plan data engineering programs of Fortune-1000 enterprises and lead a team of principal consultants and data engineers who work on client accounts and drive consulting engagements to success.
- Technology Strategy and R&D: Create and bring to the market solutions in data engineering, MLOps, data governance. Responsible for driving innovation through research and development activities on industry trends, defining Go-To-Market strategies, developing assets and solutions strategy across multiple industries.
- Engineering: Working with Grid Dynamicsʼs delivery organization to ensure that the right tools, technologies, and processes are in place across the firm to transform and continuously improve the quality and efficiency of our clientsʼ data platforms and data management processes.
- Business Development & Partnership: Manage relationships with key technology partners (AWS, GCP, Azure) and industry analysts like Gartner and Forrester.
- Extensive practical experience in Big Data engineering, data governance, and cloud data platforms.
- Strong understanding of cloud-based architectures for data collection, data aggregation, reporting, and BI.
- Strong understanding of ML platforms and tooling including open-source, cloud native, and proprietary.
- Deep domain knowledge in at least one of the following industries: Retail, Finance, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Life Sciences.
- Experience in managing and delivering sophisticated analytical and data engineering programs at the enterprise scale.
- Managed key client relations worldwide and advised global technology and business leaders on innovation and data strategy.
- Experience with Big 4 consulting is a plus.
- Data engineering: analytical data platforms, streaming, big data, EDW, data lakes, data governance, data mesh, Spark, Kafka, Snowflake, (2 from below: AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Transactional databases: Redis, Cassandra, MongoDB, (2 from below: AWS, GCP, Azure)
- ML and MLOps: VertexAI, Sagemaker, Dataiku, Databricks, mlflow
- Participation in challenging projects, an opportunity for professional development and growth
- Flexible work hours and a dynamic environment
- Friendly cooperative team and atmosphere
- Medical insurance and other benefits
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for the retail, finance, and technology sectors. We have architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Don’t see the right opportunity?Contact us anyway and let’s talk! To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Grid Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees during their employment and for all candidates during the application process.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Get in touch
We'd love to hear from you. Please provide us with your preferred contact method so we can be sure to reach you.
Please follow up to email alerts if you would like to receive information related to press releases, investors relations, and regulatory filings.