Lead Android Developer
We have a new exciting opportunity to develop a native Android applications for one of the top US retail companies. We are looking for a talented mobile developer to join a world-class team as we create cutting-edge technology.Responsibilities:
- Lead squad of dedicated engineers for the technical development and delivery of elegant and intuitive app features across development teams, partnering with business collaborators, QE teams, and other geo-graphically dispersed engineering teams.
- Provide technical leadership in evaluation, conceptualization, design and development of features.
- Lead the breakdown of stories into technical design and implementation tasks and participate in sprint planning and other scrum ceremonies.
- Drive for continuous improvement in performance, scalability, extensibility, reliability, and usability of features.
- Work with application privacy and security teams to ensure the application is properly architected and maintained.
- Provide strong technical leadership and mentorship to develop the capabilities of team members.
- Develops a working knowledge of tertiary domains.
- Exemplify how to write and review code and act on data feedback to decide what to build next.
- Monitor and support health of mobile apps in production.
- Ensures knowledge sharing within the team and across teams (e.g., internal presentations to large audiences, detailed blogs, and common inter-team resources).
- Leverage agile methodology concepts for quality, delivery and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, Information Systems, or similar field or relevant professional experience, education, and training.
- 7+ years software engineering experience for Lead engineer. (6+ years for Senior engineer)
- 2+ years of progressive experience leading teams, including motivating and technical mentoring of other team members. (not required point for Senior engineer)
- 3+ years of professional experience developing consumer-facing Android applications
- Strong skills in team leadership.
- Experience with profiling tools to identify inefficiencies and improve app stability is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- e-Commerce experience is a plus. • Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Well versed with Agile methodology.
- Expert in Kotlin, JAVA, related modern Android frameworks and popular Android devices.
- Expert understanding of Android SDK (Activity/Fragment Lifecycle, Services, Push, Location Services)
- Experience developing, delivering, and supporting native Android applications by integrating REST APIs, push notifications and multithreaded experiences.
- Deep understanding of multi-threading, memory management, networking, caching, performance optimization, localization, and security for Android applications.
- Experience with modern Android build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing, test driven development and automated integration tests.
- Deployment and UI testing the mobile app using Android emulators is a plus.
What would be a plus:
- Experience in development of modular applications
- Track record of successful application development for Android platform
- References to shipped products in the Google Store
- Opportunity to work on the app used by millions of people, with a highly motivated team of professionals
- Opportunity to influence the organization of the development process and app architecture design
- Competitive salary (discussed with a successful candidate)
- Medical insurance, benefits program, attractive social compensation package
Placement and Staffing Agencies need not apply. We do not work with C2C at this time.
At this moment, we are not able to process H1B transfers. Applicants with CPT and OPT visas are welcome to apply.
Grid Dynamics is a leading provider of technology consulting, agile co-creation, scalable engineering and data science services for Fortune 500 corporations undergoing digital transformation.
We work in close collaboration with our clients on digital transformation initiatives that span strategy consulting, early prototypes and enterprise-scale delivery of new digital platforms. We help organizations become more agile and create innovative digital products and experiences using deep expertise in emerging technology, top global engineering talent, lean software development practices, and high-performance product culture.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley with over 3000 technologists located in engineering delivery centers throughout the US, Central and Eastern Europe, Grid Dynamics has architected and delivered some of the most extensive digital transformation programs in the retail, technology and financial sectors to help its clients win market share, shorten time to market and reduce costs of digital operations on a massive scale.
To learn more about Grid Dynamics, visit www.griddynamics.com, or follow us on Twitter @GridDynamics.
Get in touch
We'd love to hear from you. Please provide us with your preferred contact method so we can be sure to reach you.
Please follow up to email alerts if you would like to receive information related to press releases, investors relations, and regulatory filings.