Lead Java Developer
We are actively looking for a strong Java Developer to join our team.Responsibilities:
- Lead squad of dedicated engineers for the technical development and delivery of elegant and intuitive app features across development teams, partnering with business collaborators, QE teams, and other geo-graphically dispersed engineering teams.
- Provide technical leadership in evaluation, conceptualization, design and development of features.
- Lead the breakdown of stories into technical design and implementation tasks and participate in sprint planning and other scrum ceremonies.
- Drive for continuous improvement in performance, scalability, extensibility, reliability, and usability of features.
- Work with application privacy and security teams to ensure the application is properly architected and maintained.
- Provide strong technical leadership and mentorship to develop the capabilities of team members.
- Develops a working knowledge of tertiary domains.
- Exemplify how to write and review code and act on data feedback to decide what to build next.
- Monitor and support health of the apps in production.
- Ensures knowledge sharing within the team and across teams (e.g., internal presentations to large audiences, detailed blogs, and common inter-team resources).
- Leverage agile methodology concepts for quality, delivery and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, Information Systems, or similar field or relevant professional experience, education, and training.
- 8+ years software engineering experience.
- 2+ years of progressive experience leading teams, including motivating and technical mentoring of other team members.
- 3+ years of professional experience developing production Java applications. Strong skills in team leadership.
- Very strong with Java 11+, Familiarity with Kotlin
- Proven experience as a highly productive developer with modern cloud computing stacks for deploying microservices and micro-frontends at scale. For example, AWS for cloud provider, EKS for Kubernetes, Docker for containers, Jenkins for CI/CD.
- Experience with DynamoDB.
- Experience using cloud services to build an integrated application in production (AWS - EC2, ECS, API gateway, Lambda,Cloudwatch, Auroroa).
- Experience with Version control tools such as Github. Excellent knowledge and at least 6 years of working experience building microservices and APIs with Node.js and Java
- Experience working in a distributed Cloud-based environment with AWS technologies such as S3, ECS, EC2, Lambda, ALB, Route53
- Experience with Springboot.
- Production level Experience in using infrastructure as code and configuration management (Chef, Puppet, Cloud Formation etc).
- Prior experience in designing and implementing highly scalable web-based eCommerce applications.
- Expertise in designing and creating scalable services, REST Web Services
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Hands on experience in monitoring and monitoring tools (New Relic, SignalFX etc)
- Preference for candidates with experience in the content domain ideally with headless CMS
- A track record of solving problems and getting things done in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment.
- Ability to delegate work and mentor the development team and hold team members accountable to quality standards, ensuring that the needs of the business are met, and a high-quality user experience is delivered.
- Experience providing technical leadership to a team of developers including providing daily guidance, setting coding standards, and reviewing code required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with business and technical teammates.
- Present complex ideas, anticipate potential objections and persuade others to consider your point of view.
- Ability to create and execute practical and simple solutions.
- An attitude with empathy and understanding and collaborate with others
- Opportunity to work on the app used by millions of people, with a highly motivated team of professionals
- Opportunity to influence the organization of the development process and app architecture design
- Competitive salary (discussed with a successful candidate)
- Medical insurance, benefits program
Placement and Staffing Agencies need not apply. We do not work with C2C at this time.
At this moment, we are not able to process H1B transfers. Applicants with CPT and OPT visas are welcome to apply.
Grid Dynamics (Nasdaq:GDYN) is a digital-native technology services provider that accelerates growth and bolsters competitive advantage for Fortune 1000 companies. Grid Dynamics provides digital transformation consulting and implementation services in omnichannel customer experience, big data analytics, search, artificial intelligence, cloud migration, and application modernization. Grid Dynamics achieves high speed-to-market, quality, and efficiency by using technology accelerators, an agile delivery culture, and its pool of global engineering talent. Founded in 2006, Grid Dynamics is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices across the US, UK, Netherlands, Mexico, and Central and Eastern Europe.
Get in touch
We'd love to hear from you. Please provide us with your preferred contact method so we can be sure to reach you.
Please follow up to email alerts if you would like to receive information related to press releases, investors relations, and regulatory filings.