Senior Java Developer
You are going to build innovative data pipelines for processing and analyzing client’s large user datasets (250 billion + events per month). A unique challenge with the role is being comfortable in developing varied technologies like custom transformation/integration apps in Python and Java, and pipelines in Spark, Kafka, Kinesis, transforming, and analyzing in SQL.
- Research, plan, design, develop, document, test, implement and support proprietary software applications
- Analytical data validation for accuracy and completeness of reported business metrics
- Open to taking on, learn and implement engineering projects outside of core competency
- Understand the business problem and engineer/architect/build an efficient, cost-effective, and scalable technology infrastructure solution
- Monitor system performance after implementation and iteratively devise solutions to improve performance and user experience
- Research and innovate new data product ideas to grow client’s revenue opportunities and contribute to the company’s intellectual property
- Java, Spring Boot, Tomcat
- Knowledge and practical application of OOP and SOLID principles
- Front-end skills are a plus
- Experience with video streaming technologies is a huge plus
- Experience with AdTech OR Media and Contact Marketing
- Some experience performing data transformations and data analysis using SQL
- Comfortable in juggling multiple technologies and high priority tasks
Success in this role
- The eagerness in research and learning new technologies to develop creative and efficient ways to solve business problems.
- Take full responsibility for the initiative.
- Stay focused on the successful implementation of the task at hand before moving on to the next engineering challenge.
- Going above and beyond: While engineering for current tasks, think of the big picture, adjustment codebases, processes. Try ways to make systems more robust, fault-tolerant, monitor for failures, and program for automated recovery.
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Medical insurance
- Benefits program
- Corporate social events
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance, and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.