Senior Java Developer/ Performance Engineer
St. Petersburg, Saratov, Russia
Kharkiv, Lviv, Kyiv, Ukraine
Krakow, Wroclaw, Poland
We are actively seeking a great Senior Java Developer/ Performance Engineer with strong technical expertise, who is interested in joining our growing project.
As a key member of this team, you will be working in collaboration with worldwide industry experts. This is an excellent opportunity, as a key contributor to this project, to create the next generation of network-centric distributed and scalable architectures.
Come be part of our bright engineering team with open communication, empowerment, innovation, and customer-centric culture.
We work with bleeding-edge technologies, including in-memory data grids such as Oracle Coherence, NoSQL databases such as Apache Cassandra, automated testing tools such as Fitnesse, Selenium WebDriver, built in-house Jagger performance measurement tool, Continuous Integration, and Delivery, etc.
- Participate in the design and development of high-performance business applications, from requirements analysis to production
- Constantly improve software quality (evaluate and incorporate new libraries, tools, and technologies; code reviews; refactoring; testing; etc.)
- Analyze and improve application performance
- Search for simple and robust solutions to complex tasks
- Work in an Agile methodology environment where innovation, teamwork, and creativity are the keys to success
- 3+ years in Software Development
- Education in Computer Science or similar theoretical knowledge in CS: algorithms and complexity estimation, data structures, operating systems, programming languages
- Excellent knowledge of Java platform (collections, concurrency, etc)
- Experience in enterprise application development (J2EE, Spring Source, etc) is a plus
- Understanding of distributed architectures and scalability principles
- Good understanding of typical performance KPIs: latency percentiles, throughput, success rates, etc.
- Good understanding and experience with performance testing frameworks is a plus
- Experience of dealing with performance issues in production, or production support
- Good understanding of JVM tuning
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix-based operating systems (bash/ssh/ps/grep etc.)
- Hands-on experience with developer daily basis tools such as IDE’s, compilers, debuggers, profilers, version control systems, bug tracking systems, build systems (ANT, Maven2, etc), code coverage and automated testing tools
- Experience with unit and integration testing (JUnit, TestNG, Mockito, etc.)
- RDBMS experience (SQL, JDBC)
- Desire and ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies
- Ability to proactively identify and solve engineering problems
- Strong communication skills
What We Offer
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Medical insurance
- Benefits program
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Corporate social events
- Professional development opportunities
- Well-equipped office located in the center of the city
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Menlo Park, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omni-channel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.