Back-end Engineer | Search Platform
We are building search solutions for major online commerce sites. We combine cloud-native approach, microservices architecture, modern information retrieval and machine learning techniques to drive best-in-class product discovery experiences. We work with product teams to make a direct impact on search algorithms, features and UX. We use cutting-edge open source and commercial search platforms. We search for millions of products with tens of milliseconds latency under high load. Platforms we build weather Black Friday and Cyber Monday traffic storms with flying colors without downtime or slowdown.
We are looking for a Back-end Software Engineer to join our search engineering tribe and help connect shoppers with products they love.
As a back-end engineer you will:
- Work on the E2E search solutions including data ingestion, indexing and near-real-time index updates; query understanding, retrieval, filtering and ranking
- Ship features to production and runs A/B tests.
- Work on performance optimization and testing.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has at least 3+ years of experience in back-end development in Java ecosystem
- Has good knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Has experience with cloud platforms (CGP, AWS, Azure).
- Has working knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Familiar with Linux and Docker, has experience with building, deploying, and debugging production systems.
Would be a plus:
- Experience in online commerce and product discovery domain
- Experience in building information retrieval systems.
- Experience with Solr/Lucidworks Fusion or Elasticsearch
- Experience with Solr/Elasticsearch/Lucene internals and plugin writing
- Experience with Spark or similar distributed data processing systems
- Familiarity with K8s
- Understanding of foundations of machine learning and deep learning
- Experience with graphs (JGraphT or similar)
- Competitive salary
- Work on bleeding-edge projects in a team of experienced and motivated developers and QA engineers
- Flexible working hours
- Business trips to the USA
- Health insurance, a benefits package, company-sponsored conferences, vacations
Grid Dynamics is an engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for the retail, finance, and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, data science, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Get in touch
We'd love to hear from you. Please provide us with your preferred contact method so we can be sure to reach you.
Please follow up to email alerts if you would like to receive information related to press releases, investors relations, and regulatory filings.