Staff Software Engineer
Portland, OR, US
Grid Dynamics is looking for a JAVA/AWS Architect with specialization in distributed systems to work on complex technology programs.
The ideal candidate would lead implementation of new business applications or migration of clients from legacy out of the box systems provided by vendors like IBM, Oracle, or Microsoft to applications based on open source technology stack.
- Understand business domain and business use cases.
- Investigate and analyze current systems functionality and non-functional requirements.
- Create long-term service-oriented or micro-services cloud friendly architecture based on open source technology stack.
- Plan phases of client journey towards the final architecture state.
- Lead the engineering team through the implementation.
- Provide technical governance and sign off on engineering team deliverables.
A solution architect works with all levels of client personnel from C*-level executives to individual engineers. Internally, a solution architect guides Grid Dynamics delivery team and ensures compliance of the implementation with the architecture. While spending most time at a client, the architect also participates in internal Grid Dynamics activities. These activities include trainings, knowledge sharing, technology pre-sales, creation of blueprints and case studies, and participation in outbound thought leadership activities, like writing blogs and attending conferences.
To be successful in the role, the candidate needs to be highly motivated in achieving high business value with technology. Besides technical skills, the candidate should:
- Enjoy analyzing and solving problems.
- Be ready to take responsibility and delivery on the promise.
- Don’t shy away from speaking and engaging with people in all roles.
- Be able to communicate ideas in a clear and engaging way.
- Be resourceful and creative in solving problems.
- Understand tactics and strategy in decision making.
- Be able to explain complex concepts in understandable terms.
The candidate should have background and education in computer science, math, or physics.
From technology perspective, we require 5+ years experience in software development as an architect, tech lead or a developer. The candidate should be able to demonstrate experience with:
- Service-oriented or micro-services architecture, AWS cloud based preferred.
- Distributed application design principles.
- JVM platform and Java language family.
- Open source NoSQL technologies, such as Cassandra, MongoDB, Solr, and ElasticSearch or cloud-native solutions such as DynamoDB
- Messaging technology such as SQS, SNQ, Kinesis
- In-Memory Data Grids and Caches including Redis, Hazelcast, and Apache Ignite, AWS Elasticache
- Micro-services platform stack including Netflix OSS / Spring Cloud, Consul, etc.
- Knowledge of Akamai a plus
- Cloud infrastructure, preferably in the context of distributed applications.
- Functional and performance test automation.
- CICD process and infrastructure, ideally in context of multi-service applications.
- Understanding of machine learning concepts and knowledge of common frameworks.
- Base knowledge of order, inventory, and supply chain management.
If you are not a seasoned expert in all of the above, but have a motivation to grow and have relevant background, don’t hesitate to apply. We provide training programs for good candidates.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Benefits package - medical insurance, sports
- Corporate social events
- Professional development opportunities
- Well-equipped office
Placement and Staffing Agencies need not apply. We do not work with C2C at this time.
At this moment, we are not able to process H1B transfers. Applicants with CPT and OPT visas are welcome to apply.
Grid Dynamics is a leading provider of technology consulting, agile co-creation, scalable engineering and data science services for Fortune 500 corporations undergoing digital transformation.
We work in close collaboration with our clients on digital transformation initiatives that span strategy consulting, early prototypes and enterprise-scale delivery of new digital platforms. We help organizations become more agile and create innovative digital products and experiences using deep expertise in emerging technology, top global engineering talent, lean software development practices, and high-performance product culture.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley with over 1,300 technologists located in engineering delivery centers throughout the US, Central and Eastern Europe, Grid Dynamics has architected and delivered some of the most extensive digital transformation programs in the retail, technology and financial sectors to help its clients win market share, shorten time to market and reduce costs of digital operations on a massive scale.
To learn more about Grid Dynamics, visit www.griddynamics.com, or follow us on Twitter @GridDynamics.