Our client is one of the biggest global manufacturing services company based in the United States. The services provided by the customer include design engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, and materials technology services.
If you are excited about all aspects of modern engineering, from writing great code, to creating architectures, designing components, interacting with clients, and delivering a working system to production, then you are the kind of person we are looking for. If you enjoy freedom and responsibility, creative thinking, leading and mentoring others, then join our team of world-class developers, QA engineers, DevOps engineers, architects, and managers.
We are currently looking for a DB Developer who will help with a wide range of tasks. Using ingestion framework to pull data from source ERP systems into EIP landing zone, Cloudera Hadoop related work to create tables and Impala views, Spark-based custom extraction framework to ETL semantic layer views into S3, Aurora DB work. Cron jobs to schedule ETL processes.
- Set the architectural direction, long-term vision, and guiding principles for the platform
- Assess project requirements and design architecture for the platform
- Define security and backup procedures
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
- Design and set up database clusters, backup and recovery processes
- Design and develop new databases and tables
- Maintain and tune existing databases and tables
- Assess current implementation, enhance the code to maximize application efficiency
- Troubleshoot defects and perform system analysis to assist in solving technical and business-related problems/challenges
- Work in collaboration with onsite and offshore development teams
- Hands-on experience in designing database architecture from scratch
- Strong Mysql experience
- Knowledge of Mongo, Postgres, and MS SQL Server
- Ability to create complex queries
- Self-starter, proactive and collaborative person
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
Will be a plus
- Ability to performance tune queries for maximum performance
- Database design and implementation experience
- ELK stack
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Medical insurance
- Benefits program
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Corporate social events
- Professional development opportunities
Grid Dynamics is an engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for the retail, finance, and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.