DevOps / Infrastructure Engineer
Tacit Knowledge is a software solutions consultancy specializing in digital commerce, with roots in Silicon Valley. With offices in North America and Europe, we’re a community of diverse yet like-minded people who build software solutions for our clients. Working together, we solve tough problems for global brands and make technology a business enabler.
Since 2021 Tacit Knowledge has been part of Grid Dynamics, a global technology company that leverages the cloud, AI and Big Data to drive digital transformation for enterprise clients.
Tacit has over 200 staff across four offices - San Francisco, Mexico, Moldova and London. We serve customers in Europe, North America and Asia such as G-Star, Beauty Pie, Razer, Beaverbrooks the Jewellers, Ford, FitFlop, GHD, Wilko and LVMH.
About the role:
As a DevOps Engineer at Tacit Knowledge, you will grow your skills in DevOps in an environment that supports iteration, technical breadth and depth and be responsible for the following areas:
- Solutions design and architecture leveraging modern IaaS cloud systems and container technologies;
- Automated infrastructure provisioning;
- Automated systems and applications configuration;
- Continuous Integration/Deployment pipelines;
- High-volume client applications support;
- Performance tuning, troubleshooting and diagnosis;
- Explore and adopt top-notch technologies and practices;
- Communication with clients, project leads and software developers on multiple projects;
- Occasionally provide on-call systems support
Infrastructure Engineering skills and experience you are expected to bring to Tacit Knowledge will include:
- 4+ years experience in infrastructure configuration and operation;
- Experience with at least one cloud provider such as AWS/GCP/Azure;
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes;
- Understanding of Web technologies: HTTP, Nginx, Apache;
- Experience in operating relational databases: MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL;
- Monitoring, logging and observability: Prometheus/Grafana, Elasticsearch/Kibana, NewRelic;
- Experience in building and maintaining resilient, highly available solutions at various tiers
- Experience with git
- Hands-on skills with tools that power CI/CD
- Proficiency in shell scripting and/or knowledge of scripting languages such as Ruby, Python;
- Familiarity with capacity planning and hardware specification;
- Familiarity with application compilation and packaging utilities such as make, ant, maven, rake;
- Troubleshooting issues at all layers - from networking up to application servers and/or databases;
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively with senior management, clients and other consultants;
- Clear written and verbal communication skills in English.
Nice to have:
- Experience in managing infrastructure as code;
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools such as Chef or Ansible;
- Experience in a professional consulting environment;
- Experience with issue management and tracking systems as Jira, Confluence.
More About Us
Founded in 2002 on the premise that talent and experience are key factors in project success, our approach has been to build a global team of vetted technologists. We’re building award-winning commerce sites and experiences on top of leading software vendors such as SAP-hybris and Adobe Experience Manager.
We are based out of San Francisco, New York, London, Guadalajara, and Chisinau.