Software Java Engineer
We are seeking a strong Senior Java Developer with good technical expertise and outstanding leadership skills, to be responsible for the development of the platform for retailers. You will be working as a key member of this collaborative team with a group of experts recognized around the world. This is an excellent opportunity to play a role as a key contributor in creating the next generation of network-centric distributed and scalable architectures.
Lead the design and development of technology platform designed for merchants (brands and retailers). This is the key engineering role driving major components and the overall system evolution. In this role you will be in charge of technology for several important parts of the platform.
Constantly improve software quality (evaluate and incorporate new libraries, tools, and technologies; code reviews; refactoring; testing; etc.)
Analyze and improve platform performance, propose new features
Search for simple and robust solutions to complex tasks
Work in an Agile methodology environment where innovation, teamwork, and creativity are the key to success
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science/ Engineering or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of software development experience with 3+ years on a large SaaS project.
- Test-driven development experience is a must have.
- Strong programming skills in Java or Go
- Strong Front End technology skills in React and Typescript are a plus
- Strong ability to abstract complex problems to their essential components and design and implement elegant solutions for them
- Strong unit/integration testing experience
- Delivery Focused using Agile Development Methodology (Scrum/Kanban)
- Engineering leadership skills - you are able to run a small team, to take ownership and to drive projects to success.
- Strong analytical and logical skills including troubleshooting
- Good interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Benefits program
- Medical insurance
- Professional development opportunities
Grid Dynamics is a leading provider of technology consulting, agile co-creation, scalable engineering and data science services for Fortune 500 corporations undergoing digital transformation.
We work in close collaboration with our clients on digital transformation initiatives that span strategy consulting, early prototypes and enterprise-scale delivery of new digital platforms. We help organizations become more agile and create innovative digital products and experiences using deep expertise in emerging technology, top global engineering talent, lean software development practices, and high-performance product culture.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley with over 1,300 technologists located in engineering delivery centers throughout the US, Central and Eastern Europe, Grid Dynamics has architected and delivered some of the most extensive digital transformation programs in the retail, technology and financial sectors to help its clients win market share, shorten time to market and reduce costs of digital operations on a massive scale.
To learn more about Grid Dynamics, visit www.griddynamics.com, or follow us on Twitter @GridDynamics