Agile Project Manager
Tacit Knowledge is a software solutions consultancy specializing in digital commerce, with roots in Silicon Valley. With offices in North America and Europe, we’re a community of diverse yet like-minded people who build software solutions for our clients. Working together, we solve tough problems for global brands and make technology a business enabler.
Since 2021 Tacit Knowledge has been part of Grid Dynamics, a global technology company that leverages the cloud, AI and Big Data to drive digital transformation for enterprise clients.
Tacit has over 200 staff across four offices - San Francisco, Mexico, Moldova and London and serves customers in Europe, North America and Asia such as G-Star, Beauty Pie, GrandVision, Razer, Beaverbrooks the Jewellers, Ford, FitFlop, GHD, Wilko and LVMH.
We’re looking for a Moldova-based candidate to join our global Project Management practice in a hands-on delivery role. An entrepreneurial, self-motivated mindset and an appreciation of a start-up context are essential.
Our project managers are the planners in an organization primarily comprised of hands-on technologists. They are the consultative peers of product owners and engineering managers at our clients. Project managers at Tacit Knowledge have many years of experience managing the development and delivery of software. They can comfortably speak with anyone about any aspect of a software development project at any stage - and add value.
- Listen, learn and consult. This is a client-facing services role where you will interact directly and frequently with outside business and technical stakeholders.
- Lead a team of highly talented, senior, motivated and self-directed software professionals. This is not a job for a micro-manager; it’s a job for a problem avoided / problem solver.
- Conduct day-to-day client communications. Build credibility and trust. Promote transparency. Manage expectations
- Represent the team effectively by keeping things realistic. Avoid slippage. Mitigate risk
- Manage and coordinate business analysts, developers and QA resources.
- Establish credibility by climbing the curve to understand anything - at any level of depth - related to your project.
- Raise red flags and facilitate dialogue that transforms “issues” into actionable plans
- Oversee the entire software development life cycle: Gather Requirements, Review requirements, Author specifications, Write user stories etc.
- Build task lists. Run status reviews. Prioritize. Manage scope. Track Velocity. Re-prioritize. Update the user story backlog. Stay a step or two ahead.
- 2+ years managing software projects with at least 5 team members
- Experience managing projects delivering maintenance and enhancements to live complex multi-module enterprise platform
- Experience working with or in a product-led organization
- Superlative interpersonal and communication skills, including polished presentation skills: you will regularly present project status to all levels in client organizations
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodology. Experience taking proactive action to improve project velocity and code reliability
- A knack for coordinating business analysts, engineers, QA testers, and customers to make sure stuff gets done
- The experience and maturity to deliver bad news to customers and tackle problems head-on
- Past teammates ubiquitously agree that projects “never would have shipped without you” and that “your involvement makes everyone else more sane and productive”
- Clients see you as a trusted advisor and exhibit the seven stages of grief when you roll off of their projects
Nice to Have:
- Several years working in the trenches of software development efforts before becoming a project manager
- Or previous experience working as a Business Analyst
- Experience project managing full end to end delivery of new complex enterprise commerce platforms
- Agile Scrum Master, SAFe Agile delivery experience and/or qualifications
- Experience working with SAAS, PAAS product vendors and implementations
- Experience working in a Continuous Delivery environment
- Experience working in the professional services arm of an enterprise software vendor or in a “service-oriented” development organization inside a large enterprise
- Experience collaborating with remote development teams
- Experience working as a software engineer and/or QA tester
- Experience shipping and/or enhancing eCommerce systems or other high availability web-based applications
- Experience taking over distressed projects and turning them around
Tacit Knowledge offers a competitive base salary based on experience, and benefits with bi-annual bonus eligibility.