Engineering Manager for Exabeam (App SIEM team)
About the clientExabeam is a global cybersecurity leader that adds intelligence to every IT and security stack. We are reinventing the way security teams use analytics and automation to solve threat detection, investigation, and response (TDIR), from common security threats to the most critical ones that are difficult to identify. The Exabeam Security Management Platform is a comprehensive cloud-delivered solution that leverages machine learning and automation using a prescriptive, outcomes-based approach to TDIR. It is designed and built to help security teams detect external threats, compromised users, and malicious adversaries, minimize false positives, and make security success the norm. For more information, visit www.exabeam.com .
Exabeam is the Smarter SIEM™ company. We help security operations and insider threat teams work smarter, allowing them to detect, investigate and respond to cyberattacks in 51 percent less time. Security organizations no longer have to live with excessive logging fees, missed distributed attacks and unknown threats, or manual investigations and remediation. With the modular Exabeam Security Management Platform, analysts can collect unlimited log data, use behavioral analytics to detect attacks, and automate incident response, both on-premise or in the cloud. Exabeam Smart Timelines, sequences of user and device behavior created using machine learning, further reduce the time and specialization required to detect attacker tactics, techniques and procedures.
Kyiv is our 2nd largest engineering office, where you will work with dozens of other talented and like-minded people.
We are currently looking for an experienced, thoughtful, and forward-thinking Engineering Manager to manage a local full-stack engineering team of 10+ engineers working on SIEM applications. As a key member of the SIEM team, you must ensure the smooth execution of engineering projects involving infrastructure, backend, frontend, and test automation. You must also ensure effective collaborations between the US and Ukraine teams.
Current team composition: 1 backend and 5 frontend developers. We are going to hire more backend developers and SDET.
- Manage a team of 8 to 10 software engineers (back-end, front-end, SDET)
- Oversee day-to-day agile executions, task planning, reporting and code reviews.
- Work closely with the US team, report and cooperate directly with the Director of SIEM Apps.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Customer Success, Quality, Engineering, Systems Integration and Performance testing teams.
- Collaborate with peer development teams such as Platform (App Framework, Data Platform, Analytics), TDIR Apps, SRE and others in developing holistic solutions.
- Run or join virtual teams for different cross-team projects delivery.
- Ensure delivery on multiple projects of increasing dependencies in a fast-paced environment.
- Ownership for product quality, including test automation of unit and functional tests.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time, within scope, and deadlines.
- Participate in release planning, sprint planning, and conflict resolution within or between scrum teams.
- Work with product management to define the requirements/user stories, perform groomings and reviews.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Work with customer success teams to resolve critical customer issues.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Be both a technical leader and a thoughtful people manager.
- Provide team members guidance, regular feedback, coaching, and mentoring.
- Manage performance and conduct regular performance reviews.
- Work closely together with recruiters to grow the team, participate in interviews, recruiting and onboarding processes.
- 3 + years of experience as an Engineering Manager (or Project Manager, or Team Lead) leading a remote development team for a foreign company
- 8 + years of software engineering work experience that includes at least 5 years of hands-on technical experience building web-based software solutions, API design, and interactions between servers and clients
- Previous experience as a Java, Scala or Full Stack Developer in order to be able to do code, architecture and design review
- BS or master’s degree in the Engineering field
- Experience managing agile developments with excellent interpersonal communication and leadership skills
- Experience with managing software development projects involving both backend and frontend and test automation
- Understanding of Agile principles, TDD approach, proven experience working within Scrum/Kanban methods
- Understanding of CI/CD concepts, microservices/distributed architectures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Proactive attitude and strong work ethic
- Seeing the success of the team as their personal success and is willing to roll up their sleeves and assist the team and customer success teams in resolving critical product issues
Skills nice to have
- Experience with developing software products in stream/distributed data processing, analytics or workflow orchestration areas is a big plus
- Agile SM, SCM, PMP, ACP or other certifications are a plus
- Understanding of the BDD approach
- Direct cooperation with the customer
- Dedicated HR / Client Manager
- Competitive salary
- English classes / Grid University courses
- Regular corporate events, team buildings, etc.
Grid Dynamics is an engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for the retail, finance, and technology sectors. We have architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet, and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Get in touch
We'd love to hear from you. Please provide us with your preferred contact method so we can be sure to reach you.
Please follow up to email alerts if you would like to receive information related to press releases, investors relations, and regulatory filings.