Senior DevOps Engineer for Tacit Knowledge
Daxx is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join the Tacit knowledge team.
Tacit Knowledge is a software solutions consultancy specializing in digital commerce, with roots in Silicon Valley. With offices in North America and Europe, we’re a community of diverse yet like-minded people who build software solutions for our clients. Working together, we solve tough problems for global brands and make technology a business enabler.
Since 2021 Tacit Knowledge has been part of Grid Dynamics, a global technology company that leverages the cloud, AI and Big Data to drive digital transformation for enterprise clients.
There are several projects specialized in digital commerce, from large household name retailers, to global brands; with different businesses including jewellery, leather goods, cosmetics, optical retail and others.
Development team on each project may vary but usually consists of around 10-20 people including BA, QA, PM, BE, FE.
- Plan infrastructure design for production and non-production environments;
- Build (script) production and non-production environments;
- Build CI/CD: infrastructure;
- Work closely with backend team on environments provisioning and CI/CD pipelines development;
- Cover observability: apps monitoring, logs/metrics collection and aggregation, dashboards, alerting;
- Cover reliability: address single point of failures, fault tolerance;
- Capacity planning: performance tests, workloads and databases sizing;
- Migrations: cloud to cloud migrations, stack upgrades;
- Assist and/or own production go live;
- Production maintenance: reactively address incidents, proactively implement enhancements, recurrent upgrades;
- Consult the client on technical decisions;
- Peer code reviews
- 4+ years experience in infrastructure configuration and operation
- Experience with at least one cloud provider such as AWS/GCP/Azure
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Understanding of Web technologies: HTTP, Nginx, Apache
- Experience in operating relational databases: MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL
- Monitoring, logging and observability: Prometheus/Grafana, Elasticsearch/Kibana, NewRelic
- Experience in building and maintaining resilient, highly available solutions at
- Experience with git Hands-on skills with tools that power CI/CD
- Proficiency in shell scripting and/or knowledge of scripting languages such as
- Familiarity with capacity planning and hardware specification
- Familiarity with application compilation and packaging utilities such as make, ant,
- Troubleshooting issues at all layers – from networking up to application servers
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively with senior
management, clients and other consultants
- Clear written and verbal communication skills in English
Details on the stack:
- Cloud hosted (GCP/AWS/Azure)
- Cloud services used: compute, networking, DNS, FaaS, buckets, DBs (both SQL and no-SQL), IAM
- Provider specific cloud services: AWS’s Cloudformation, AWS Cloudfront, AWS Codebuild, AWS SQS, GCP Cloudrun, GCP Memorystore. The list constantly grows
- Infrastructure provisioning with either Terraform or AWS CDK or Pulumi
- Workloads hosted in Kubernetes
- VMs in rare cases
- Java/NextJs apps
- Nginx ingress, cloud-native ingress
- External DNS
- Dex OIDC
- Configuration managed with Helm. Chef/Ansible in certain cases.
- Mozilla Sops for secrets management
- Newrelic/Dynatrace for application performance monitoring
Current team is split in 2 regions residing in UTC+3 and UTC-6.
Both are looking to grow
- Direct cooperation with the customer
- Dedicated HR / Client Manager
- Competitive salary, medical insurance, 20 working vacation days
- English classes / Grid University courses
- Regular corporate events, team buildings, etc
Grid Dynamics is an engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for the retail, finance, and technology sectors. We have architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet, and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omni-channel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Get in touch
We'd love to hear from you. Please provide us with your preferred contact method so we can be sure to reach you.
Please follow up to email alerts if you would like to receive information related to press releases, investors relations, and regulatory filings.