Senior Software Engineer
We are seeking a strong Senior Java Developer with good technical expertise, to be responsible for the backend development of a distributed platform for one of the largest world-leading retailers. You will be working as a key member of this collaborative team with a group of experts recognized around the world. This is an excellent opportunity to play a role as a key contributor in creating the next generation of network-centric distributed and scalable architectures.
- Define architectural standards and policies and establish and manage technical governance processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to review their application architecture.
- Adhere to all industry standards, procedures, and guidelines, including audits.
- Develop and evolve technology strategy, aligned to and prioritized by business objectives.
- Influence / coach solution architecture on modern evolutionary platform architecture principles and practices
- Communicate technical decisions to non-technical audiences and build consensus around them
- Own key relationships both up and downstream of the platform teams to ensure delivery.
- Evangelize business benefits and impact of the platform as well as the value of modern delivery and engineering practices.
- Design components and services with a strong focus on the -ilities - availability, scalability, reliability, upgradability, maintainability
- Adhere to “best-in-class” engineering by ensuring that services and components are: well-defined, modular, secure, reliable, reusable, diagnosable, and actively monitored
- Prototype and experiment with multiple solutions to evaluate the pros and cons of alternative architectures and designs, and by using data to make decisions
- Educate yourself on state-of-the-art technologies, infrastructure + platform services and execute POCs to evaluate technology fits for customer needs
- Set an example to the rest of the technical team by practicing what you preach and via continuous innovation
- Oversee, coach and mentor junior and senior developers
- 8+ years of application platform development experience as well as process designing and experience.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience leading large-scale real-time distributed systems using modern architectures and technologies.
- Experience in build public cloud-based SaaS application.
- Experience with GCP is a must, Azure is good to have.
- Proficiency with SQL, NoSQL and NewSQL databases.
- Proficiency in Java, Python, Web, K8s, serverless platforms.
- Exposure to AI/ML and Blockchain technologies is nice to have.
- Knowledge of application resiliency, high availability and disaster recovery mechanisms.
- Experience in enabling existing and emerging web and mobile technology frameworks, SDLC tool chain support for full stack and back-end development, & knowledge of REST, GraphQL.
- Experience in software release lifecycle with modern distributed version control (e.g. git)
- Experience working in an Agile environment, including Extreme Programming practices like Iterative Development, Continuous Integration and Deployment and Test-Driven Development
- Great analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong influencer and strong communicator, both written and spoken
What we offer:
Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
Benefits package - medical insurance, sports
Corporate social events
Professional development opportunities
Grid Dynamics is a leading provider of technology consulting, agile co-creation, scalable engineering and data science services for Fortune 500 corporations undergoing digital transformation.
We work in close collaboration with our clients on digital transformation initiatives that span strategy consulting, early prototypes, and enterprise-scale delivery of new digital platforms. We help organizations become more agile and create innovative digital products and experiences using deep expertise in emerging technology, top global engineering talent, lean software development practices, and a high-performance product culture.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley with over 1,300 technologists located in engineering delivery centers throughout the US, Central, and Eastern Europe, Grid Dynamics has architected and delivered some of the most extensive digital transformation programs in the retail, technology, and financial sectors to help its clients win market share, shorten time to market and reduce costs of digital operations on a massive scale.
To learn more about Grid Dynamics, visit www.griddynamics.com, or follow us on Twitter @GridDynamics.
Get in touch
We'd love to hear from you. Please provide us with your preferred contact method so we can be sure to reach you.
Please follow up to email alerts if you would like to receive information related to press releases, investors relations, and regulatory filings.