Senior React Engineer for Nearmap
About the client:
An Australian global technology company with incredible people. Nearmap’s software engineers bring fresh ideas from all areas, including GIS, imagery distribution, 3D modeling, large-scale system design, UI design, and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day.
We are looking for a Software Engineer (Front-End) to join our Apps team. You will be working on projects critical to our needs, with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across our growing range of products as we continue to push technology forward.
If you join us on this exciting journey, you’ll love our inclusive values and share our ambition to become the source of truth that helps shape decisions for the liveable world.
What we do:
We provide easy, instant access to high-resolution aerial imagery, city-scale 3D content, AI datasets, and integrated geospatial tools, with wide-scale coverage across the USA, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. At the core of it, we’re a location content company, a visual analytics company, and software as a service company. Innovation is weaved into our DNA.
- Designing, implementing, and deploying highly-visible, user-facing features
- Designing and developing large scale web applications
- Creating and maintaining UI components in line with our design system
- Driving adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability
- Designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, and improving software
- Managing individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Working closely with the wider Engineering team to contribute to improvement initiatives
- Championing & assisting with the implementation of continuous integration and delivery frameworks
- Maintaining test coverage for code you write at the unit and functional levels
- Experience with software build tools and continuous integration tools
- A passion for continuous improvement, agile methodologies, and lean software development
- A team player
- A passionate and continual learner
- Takes initiative, a self-starter
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic, with a positive attitude, even when under pressure
Will be a plus:
- GIS framework experience is a plus. We use OpenLayers and Cesium
- Experience work with 3D is an advantage, particularly if you have comfort with the corresponding mathematics
- Tertiary qualification ideally Computer Science or other related technical qualification
- Any backend experience
- Direct cooperation with the customer
- Dedicated HR / Client Manager
- Regular performance reviews
- Competitive salary, medical insurance, 20 working vacation days
- Regular corporate events, team buildings, etc.
- English classes / Grid University courses
- Remote work opportunity
Grid Dynamics is a world-class expert company with highly scalable distributed solutions and CI/CD. We help one of the biggest financial companies on the East Coast to solve the challenging problems that affect the entire development organization, like building enterprise web services with millisecond response time, or improving development processes by introducing Agile, test automation, TDD, and CI/CD processes.
Get in touch
We'd love to hear from you. Please provide us with your preferred contact method so we can be sure to reach you.
Please follow up to email alerts if you would like to receive information related to press releases, investors relations, and regulatory filings.