Business Analyst- Retail, Mobile Applications
We’re looking for a candidate to perform the role of Business Analyst to work on a project for an American multinational corporation based in Seattle, WA which operates a chain of membership-only retail stores.
Our Business Analyst will work closely with clients to effectively gauge the requirements of stakeholders, collaborate with a variety of stakeholders and teams and clearly define requirements. We help solve problems and propel our clients’ digital business growth. We ensure that in our close collaboration with clients we determine outcomes that will make a difference to customer experience, ROI and business goals. Our aim is that our business analysts are closely connected to client’s strategic visions, and can see the beneficial impact they make for both businesses and end-customers as we bring to life exceptional digital experiences.
- Work with Client’s Product Owner (PO) to create and maintain the product features backlog, lead requirement workshops
- Help PO to focus on requirements that are technically viable, by having a good understanding of factors that can increase complexity during development, testing and deployment
- Create user stories that accurately reflect the need of the business or the problems that need to be solved, are understood by Engineers, can be sized with confidence and explain the value of the required change, have clear Acceptance Criteria
- Create any supporting documentation necessary to communicate detailed requirements to Engineers, create and/or review user-facing documentation
- Be the key interface between Engineers and stakeholders. Facilitate communications between the two, explaining commercial needs to engineers and technology constraint/possibilities to the Client’s business stakeholders
- Support Client with the UAT process and business readiness
- Support PO in understanding benefit realization to assess whether changes implemented realize their intended business benefit
- Collaborate with PM and Tech Lead to run prioritization and estimation sessions
Key measures of success in the role:
- Requirements are clear, unambiguous and thorough, enabling development teams to deliver, with minimal wasted effort
- Engineers understand the value of what is to be accomplished
- Testers can validate that the final solution meets all requirements without areas of ambiguity
- Solutions deliver their intended business value
- There are minimal unexpected requirements
- Significant pieces of functionality and critical business processes are not missed
- Engineers and Client stakeholders see you as an indispensable member of the team
- 5+ years as a Business Analyst working on custom software development and/or iOS / Android mobile platforms
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the eCommerce Mobile landscape
- Experience with building / refactoring / replatforming large omni-channel eCommerce systems or other highly-available web-based applications
- Experience working with functional and non-functional requirements
- Experience working with or in a large Enterprise organization, superlative interpersonal and communication skills, including polished presentation skills: you will regularly need to communicate effectively to a range of audiences
- Experience with Agile SDLCs
- Seen as a trusted advisor by Clients
Nice to Have:
- Experience with onboarding flows in Retail, in-store location, push notifications (Firebase)
- Experience collaborating with remote/offshore development teams
Grid Dynamics is an engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for the retail, finance, and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Get in touch
We'd love to hear from you. Please provide us with your preferred contact method so we can be sure to reach you.
Please follow up to email alerts if you would like to receive information related to press releases, investors relations, and regulatory filings.