Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
We are seeking a strong GCP Arhitect, with good technical expertise who will have the opportunity to strategize, define, create and lead cutting edge cloud solutions.
As a GCP Architect at Grid Dynamics, your role will be to leverage your technical knowledge across best practices, technologies, and industries in helping our clients utilize the benefits of the cloud for positive business outcomes. You will have the opportunity to work with Kubernetes, Terraform, Cloud SQL, DevOps, DevSecOps Pipelines for Infrastructure as Code, and other cutting-edge teams and technologies — as well as a passionate group of experts who are driving digital transformation forward across a range of industries.
- Be a trusted technical adviser to customers and solve complex enterprise-scale Cloud Platform, Networking and Security challenges.
- Lead architecture reviews with focus on performance, availability, security, financials and operations and provide best practices recommendations to address gaps,
- Lead the facilitation of requirements gathering, analysis and solution development for GCP cloud-based solutions, modernization and new product development
- Architect, design and implement plans for deploying complex application workloads, particularly microservices on GCP
- Architect highly available, backup, and disaster recovery solutions
- Partner with project teams, functional architects, systems specialists and other technical resources from Grid Dynamics and our customers
- Lead projects, remotely, in a hands-on role driving GCP cloud migration/adoption from inception to production
- Develop enterprise cloud guidelines and automation in collaboration with CCOE
- Mentor and provide technical oversight and deep guidance to implementation teams while working in a coordinated manner to deliver and deploy the designed architecture
- Provide GCP technical expertise for POCs, drafting RFP responses, SOW creation etc., in support of the overall sales life-cycle and consulting engagement process
- Provide Cloud/GCP thought leadership through publications and speaking engagements as needed
- Create reference architectures, pre-sales, and technical collaterals
- Support the development and growth of Grid Dynamics Cloud and DevOps practice offerings, methods and R&D
Mandatory skills and experience
- 3-5 relevant years with expertise in GCP services (i.e. Cloud Services Platform, Google Kubernetes Engine (Autopilot & Standard), Anthos Service Mesh, CloudRun, Compute Engine, Cloud Interconnect).
- 2+ years’ experience with establishing technical strategy and designing cloud hybrid architecture at an enterprise level
- 2+ years of experience leading large-scale network migrations to GCP (i.e. Google Cloud Load Balancing, DNS, Interconnect, CDN, Compute, Networking, Storage, DR, Security, Monitoring, VPC Service Controls, etc. )
- 2+ years serverless experience (cloud run, cloud functions).
- Google Cloud Certified - Professional Cloud Architect or equivalent experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and ability to pass exam.
- Demonstrated Knowledge of Security, Identity and Access Management (IAM), Key Management, Access Controls and Security Protocols, Network routing, Firewalls, ACL's, cloud IaaS components on GCP
- Experience in scalable networking design including high availability, redundancy, fail-over and load balancing. (Multiple VPCs, cross-region, Istio, Anthos Service Mesh )
- Experience in automating provisioning of networks and access (Organization, Routes/Firewalls, IAM, Policy)
- Third Party SaaS solutions integration.
- Experience with permissions including service accounts and account impersonation.
- Hands on and demonstrated knowledge of implementing GKE, Anthos Service Mesh, Supported Multi-Region App Deployments, Cloud Run Apps, Shared VPCs for a client
- Strong experience with CI/CD & Security Tooling Standards (such as Jenkins, GitHub, Artifactory)
- Strong experience with DevSecOps & IaC Automation services (Jira, Jenkins, GitHub, Terraform, Cloud Deployment Manager, Python, Ansible)
- Assessment and demonstration of new technologies; capacity planning; performance tuning
- Leading and working with diverse geographically distributed teams
- Excellent communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Cloud SQL, Alloy DB, Cloud Bigtable, BigQuery
- Observability and Monitoring ( Cloud Native, Dynatrace, Datadog, Splunk, etc.)
- Java/microservices knowledge
Nice to have skills and experience
- Workshop/meeting facilitation
- Migration planning, heuristic and R-factor analysis
- Dataflow, Composer, Cloud Scheduler
- External services ( ie. Mongo Atlas )
- GCP Marketplace Solutions integration
- Multi-cloud solutioning ( GCP & AWS, GCP & Azure ).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Information Systems or related field, or equivalent experience
- Competitive salary
- Work on bleeding-edge projects on a team of experienced and motivated engineers
- Flexible working hours
- Professional development opportunities
- 24 days annual leave + an additional of 5 sick days
- Floating Holidays
Get in touch
We'd love to hear from you. Please provide us with your preferred contact method so we can be sure to reach you.
Please follow up to email alerts if you would like to receive information related to press releases, investors relations, and regulatory filings.