Senior Database Administrator
- Operations automation: Java, Python, Shell
- DB: MySQL, Cassandra
- Cloud: GCP
- OS: Ubuntu/Linux
- CI/CD: Jenkins
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience working with critical MySQL and/or Cassandra data platforms.
- IAAS Infrastructure experience for DB platforms.
- Source code-based management of DB configs and related infrastructure.
- Managing changes via Terraform and Ansible (or comparable tools).
- Demonstrated expertise with open source/Linux platforms.
- Cloud platform experience (GCP ideally).
- Kafka experience.
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing database replication strategies.
- Excellent scripting skills and working knowledge of Python and shell scripts.
- Experience in designing and automating repetitive processes.
- Proficient in English (B2).
- Management of architecture/implementation, replication, high availability, backups/restores, disaster recovery, security, user management;
- Manage high volume, transactional databases servicing various customer-facing applications;
- Work closely with internal customers, peer teams and stakeholders;
- Handle DR, enterprise backup and recovery strategies;
- Perform database software management, including patch and version management;
- Provide 24x7 on-call support (as part of a shared rotation) for critical production DB systems.
Grid Dynamics is a leading provider of technology consulting, agile co-creation and scalable engineering and data science services for Fortune 1000 corporations undergoing digital transformation. We help organizations become more agile and create innovative digital products and experiences using deep expertise in emerging technology, top global engineering talent, lean software development practices, and a high-performance product culture. Founded in 2006, Grid Dynamics is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices across the US, Mexico, UK, Netherlands, Switzerland, India, and Central and Eastern Europe.
Join us and prepare to grow!
Get in touch
We'd love to hear from you. Please provide us with your preferred contact method so we can be sure to reach you.
Please follow up to email alerts if you would like to receive information related to press releases, investors relations, and regulatory filings.