Senior Big Data Engineer / Tech Lead
We are looking for a Lead/Senior Data Engineer for our Enterprise Data Organization to develop and manage data pipelines (data ingestion, transformation, storage etc.) for an Azure/Snowflake cloud-based data analytics platform. The ideal candidate will have good experience with data transformation, data modeling, master data management, and metadata management.
- Develop and extend a recently started data platform to support big data pipelines in the consumer data space
- Drive/remain responsible for development of end-to-end for specific components
- Contribute to project discussions, collaborate directly with architect team and present results to key stakeholders
- Design, build and continuously enhance the project codebase
- Act as an onsite-timezone force multiplier for a distributed team of engineers and managers
- Write detailed design documentation, present decisions and motivate these
- Work inside a team of industry experts on cutting edge Big Data technologies to develop solutions for deployment at a massive scale
- Design data infrastructure with privacy and security being cross-cutting concerns
- Set coding and deployment best practices
- 6+ years of professional data engineering experience focused on batch and real-time data pipelines using Spark, Python, SQL
- Data warehouse (data modeling, programming)
- Experience working with Snowflake
- Experience working on a cloud environment, preferably, Microsoft Azure Cloud Data Warehouse solutions (Snowflake, Azure DW)
- Experience with enterprise data warehouse
- Strong understanding of the challenges in building end-to-end big data pipelines for a large variety of use cases at scale
- Strong communication skills
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Medical insurance
- Benefits program
- Corporate social events
Placement and Staffing Agencies need not apply. We do not work with C2C at this time.
At this moment, we are not able to process H1B transfers.
Grid Dynamics is an engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance, and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Get in touch
We'd love to hear from you. Please provide us with your preferred contact method so we can be sure to reach you.
Please follow up to email alerts if you would like to receive information related to press releases, investors relations, and regulatory filings.