Associate Software Engineer
Tacit Knowledge is a software solutions consultancy specializing in digital commerce, with roots in Silicon Valley. With offices in North America and Europe, we’re a community of diverse yet like-minded people who build software solutions for our clients. Working together, we solve tough problems for global brands and make technology a business enabler.
Since 2021 Tacit Knowledge has been part of Grid Dynamics, a global technology company that leverages the cloud, AI and Big Data to drive digital transformation for enterprise clients.
Tacit has over 200 staff across four offices - San Francisco, Mexico, Moldova and London. We serve customers in Europe, North America and Asia such as G-Star, Beauty Pie, Razer, Beaverbrooks the Jewellers, Ford, FitFlop, GHD, Wilko and LVMH.
About Software Engineering team:
At Tacit Knowledge you will:
- Have a chance to embrace a truly Agile environment with its bells and whistles - Standups, Estimations, Retrospectives etc
- Be part of a like-minded team that is result & technology-driven
- Find yourself engaged into challenging technical discussions that are meant to solve real-world problems
- Take part in architectural decisions and see those take shape in the form of top-notch quality code
- Apply Pair Programming practice with your teammates to build an elegant solution to a complex problem
- Have a chance to work side by side with the DevOps team to understand and build Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Work closely with Quality Engineers to ensure your solution complies to the quality standards
- Take part in Performance Optimization exercises - simulate high load using tools like JMeter, perform system analysis, apply tuning to the system, and draw conclusions.
- Play a friendly match of ping pong whenever you fix a broken build ;-)
- 2-3 years in developing software programs in a highly technical environment
- Understanding of Design Patterns and their applicability
- Good spoken and written English skills
- Experience in working with enterprise-level application servers and web application frameworks on any of the platforms - J2EE or .NET
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and/or experience with J2EE and JVM based frameworks. Or if you have a proven track record of .NET platform experience that spans from enterprise-level application development to understanding the peculiarities of deployment activities, and have a desire to try yourself in the shoes of a Java developer
- Experience in working with a J2EE application server and JVM based web application frameworks
- Understanding of Project Life Cycle
- Understanding how Web technologies fit together
- Understanding of Continuous Delivery (CD) / Continuous Integration (CI) concept
- Experience with Gradle, ANT, Maven
- Hands-on experience with TDD using Mockito and Spock.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
- Understanding of Clean Code paradigm
More About Us
Founded in 2002 on the premise that talent and experience are key factors in project success, our approach has been to build a global team of vetted technologists. We’re building award-winning commerce sites and experiences on top of leading software vendors such as SAP-hybris and Adobe Experience Manager.
We are based out of San Francisco, New York, London, Guadalajara, and Chisinau.