Associate Software Engineer
Tacit Knowledge is a software solutions consultancy specializing in digital commerce, with roots in Silicon Valley. With offices in North America and Europe, we’re a community of diverse yet like-minded people who build software solutions for our clients. Working together, we solve tough problems for global brands and make technology a business enabler.
Since 2021 Tacit Knowledge has been part of Grid Dynamics, a global technology company that leverages the cloud, AI and Big Data to drive digital transformation for enterprise clients.
Tacit has over 200 staff across four offices - San Francisco, Mexico, Moldova and London. We serve customers in Europe, North America and Asia such as G-Star, Beauty Pie, Razer, Beaverbrooks the Jewellers, Ford, FitFlop, GHD, Wilko and LVMH.
About Software Engineering team:
At Tacit Knowledge you will:
- Have a chance to embrace a truly Agile environment with its bells and whistles - Standups, Estimations, Retrospectives etc
- Be part of a like-minded team that is result & technology-driven
- Find yourself engaged into challenging technical discussions that are meant to solve real-world problems
- Take part in architectural decisions and see those take shape in the form of top-notch quality code
- Apply Pair Programming practice with your teammates to build an elegant solution to a complex problem
- Have a chance to work side by side with the DevOps team to understand and build Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Work closely with Quality Engineers to ensure your solution complies to the quality standards
- Take part in Performance Optimization exercises - simulate high load using tools like JMeter, perform system analysis, apply tuning to the system, and draw conclusions.
- Play a friendly match of ping pong whenever you fix a broken build ;-)
- 2-3 years in developing software programs in a highly technical environment
- Understanding of Design Patterns and their applicability
- Good spoken and written English skills
- Experience in working with enterprise-level application servers and web application frameworks on any of the platforms - J2EE or .NET
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and/or experience with J2EE and JVM based frameworks. Or if you have a proven track record of .NET platform experience that spans from enterprise-level application development to understanding the peculiarities of deployment activities, and have a desire to try yourself in the shoes of a Java developer
- Experience in working with a J2EE application server and JVM based web application frameworks
- Understanding of Project Life Cycle
- Understanding how Web technologies fit together
- Understanding of Continuous Delivery (CD) / Continuous Integration (CI) concept
- Experience with Gradle, ANT, Maven
- Hands-on experience with TDD using Mockito and Spock.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
- Understanding of Clean Code paradigm
More About Us
Founded in 2002 on the premise that talent and experience are key factors in project success, our approach has been to build a global team of vetted technologists. We’re building award-winning commerce sites and experiences on top of leading software vendors such as SAP-hybris and Adobe Experience Manager.
We are based out of San Francisco, New York, London, Guadalajara, and Chisinau.
Get in touch
We'd love to hear from you. Please provide us with your preferred contact method so we can be sure to reach you.
Please follow up to email alerts if you would like to receive information related to press releases, investors relations, and regulatory filings.