Senior Data Engineer
As a Senior Data Engineer you will design, implement, and maintain big data pipelines, responsible for aggregating tens of billions of daily transactions. You will be part of a growing team to develop and mature our capability in video ad verification, analytics and anti-ad fraud software products. The ideal candidate is naturally curious, dedicated, detailed-oriented with a strong desire to work with awesome people in a highly collaborative environment. You should be able to not take yourself too seriously as well.
What you will do:
Design and implementation of ETL pipelines (processing on spark, orchestration in Airflow), collaboration with DS team (moving models to production, wiring of all the components together, performance optimisations)
- 4+ years of recent hands-on in object-oriented language (Java, Scala, Python)
- 4+ years of experience designing and building data pipelines and data-intensive
- Experience using Big Data frameworks (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce) and MPP
- databases (e.g., RedShift, Snowflake) for complex data assembly and transformation
- Strong knowledge of collections, multi-threading, JVM memory model, etc.
- In-depth understanding of algorithms, performance, scalability, and reliability in a Big Data setting
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Experience in full software development, Agile, and continuous integration / deployment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Nice to have:
- In-depth understanding of algorithms, scalability and various tradeoffs in a Big Data setting
- Knowledge of database technology, SQL, schema design and query optimization techniques
- Experience of designing for performance, scalability, and reliability
- Digital advertising or web technology experience, especially video advertising
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Benefits program
- Social package — medical insurance and etc
- Corporate social events
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunity for long business trips to the US and possibility for relocation
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Get in touch
We'd love to hear from you. Please provide us with your preferred contact method so we can be sure to reach you.
Please follow up to email alerts if you would like to receive information related to press releases, investors relations, and regulatory filings.