Senior Data Engineer
We are looking for an experienced and technology-proficient Big Data Engineer to join our team!
Our customer is one of the world’s largest technology companies based in Silicon Valley with operations all over the world. In this project, we are working on the bleeding edge of Big Data technology to develop a high-performance data analytics platform, which handles petabytes datasets.
Why this project is the best for you:
- Spark 3;
- Petabytes of data;
- Direct impact on the decision making process;
- 360 degree decision making area;
- Clear technical growth plan to the Architect level or Technical lead role;
- Cats library;
- Spark streaming;
- Running big data analytics, and building large scale data infrastructure
- Detecting meaningful data patterns
- Assuring the integrity of our data
- Measuring fraud activity and its impact on campaign and user performance
- Analyzing the results of mitigations against fraud
- Strong knowledge of Scala
- In-depth knowledge of Hadoop and Spark, experience with data mining and stream processing technologies (Kafka, Spark Streaming, Akka Streams)
- Understanding of the best practices in data quality and quality engineering
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies
- English languages are required
Will be a plus:
- Knowledge of Unix-based operating systems (bash/ssh/ps/grep etc.)
- Experience with JVM build systems (SBT, Maven, Gradle)
- AWS experience
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development opportunities
About the client:
American multinational technology company that specializes in consumer electronics, software and online services headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, United States.
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Get in touch
We'd love to hear from you. Please provide us with your preferred contact method so we can be sure to reach you.
Please follow up to email alerts if you would like to receive information related to press releases, investors relations, and regulatory filings.