Node.js Developer (Urbantz)
About the project:Urbantz operates on one of the most growing markets, offering a SaaS solution for retail, logistics, and e-commerce – businesses that tremendously accelerated in 2020. They have been growing fast for the last 5 years – recently Deloitte has listed them among the top 3 fastest-growing start-ups in Belgium.
Urbantz’s culture is built on experimentation, constant development, flexibility, and encouragement of initiatives in an international, English-speaking work environment. Their mission is to make last-mile logistics more sustainable for retailers and transport operators by improving their operational efficiency. They bring value to the retail and logistics sector by providing better client service and helping them save on deliveries.
They use NodeJS for the backend and AngularJS on the front end. Their unit tests use Jest, and our end-to-end tests use Protractor. They store data using MongoDB. Their code is stored in GitLab, and they make use of its CI/CD capabilities to deploy easily to AWS and Azure.
The containerization & orchestration uses Docker + Kubernetes. They work with short agile development cycles, each consisting of 3 weeks of roadmap work and 1 week of cool-down in which the team can focus on technical challenges, get rid of some technical debt, or explore new ideas.
- You will help build a modern, highly complex, multi-service application that leads to the delivery of millions of packages per year to clients like you.
- As a software engineer, you’ll be part of one of the stream-aligned teams where you’ll help the product manager come up with the best solution to the challenges our customers are facing.
- Once agreed upon, you’ll of course start implementing the solution.
- The position is remote but we have an office in the heart of Brussels where you are more than welcome!
- You are positive-minded and like to find ways to constantly improve in what you do.
- You can work alone but really shine when you work together. Pair programming, mob programming, brainstorming… you have no issue expressing your ideas, thoughts, comments…
- Your English is quite fluent
- You value the quality of work. You know that any shortcut you take today will be a debt to pay in the future.
- You consider testing part of the job, not an afterthought.
- You know how to build a scalable, maintainable application.
- You have at least a few years relevant experience, preferably in a product company and in a stack similar to ours*
- You stay abreast of developments and best practices within the technologies we use.
Will be a plus:
- Bonus points if you already have an affinity with the logistic sector. No, ordering things online doesn’t count.
- A professional environment with great people to work with
- Opportunities to make a difference and grow professionally
- Work in distributed agile teams with the right processes in place
- Direct cooperation with the customer
- Dedicated HR / Client Manager
- English classes / Grid University courses
- Competitive salary, medical insurance, 20 working vacation days
- Regular corporate events, team buildings, etc.
- Remote work opportunity
About us:Grid Dynamics is an engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for the retail, finance, and technology sectors. We have architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet, and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.
Get in touch
We'd love to hear from you. Please provide us with your preferred contact method so we can be sure to reach you.
Please follow up to email alerts if you would like to receive information related to press releases, investors relations, and regulatory filings.